Rava Upma Recipe
Are you fond of eating new Indian varieties as most of the people which if fulfilled of health and taste quality that everyone can enjoy it, but due to lack of time and appliances availabilities, you can not make your own favorite.
Now you are in the right place. I am bringing here a delicious food item which takes small processing time to make it in your kitchen using a very nominal ingredient and save your time.
Let’s have a start with some morning breakfast recipes Rava Upma for you
- Rave Upma – Rave Upma is especially preferred in south Indian breakfast, rava is also known as Sooji. It serves with coconut chutney, lime slices or lemon pickles. You can make it very easily with limited ingredients and enjoy your breakfast time.
Prep Time – 15 Minutes, Cook Time – 15 Minutes
Total Time – 30 Minutes
- Course – Breakfast
- Recipe- Indian
- Serving- 3
- Quantity for 1 cup – 250 ml
- Ingredient for Recipe is:
- Rava – 1 cup
- Chopped Onion – 1 medium
- Chopped Green Chilli – 1 medium or as your taste
- Chana dal – 1 teaspoon
- Urad dal – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Seed – 1 teaspoon
- Chopped Ginger – 1/2 inch
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Mustard Seed – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Seed – 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry Leaves – 10 – 12
- Cashews – 10 – 12
- Sugar(optional) – 1 – 2 or as your taste
- Chopper Coriander leaves – 2 tablespoon
- Ghee or Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Salt as your taste
Process to make it:
First, Prep up the ingredients
- Chopped onion, green chili, and ginger and coriander leaves.
- Take curry leaves, cashew, chana dal, and urad dal.
Second, Roasting rava
- Heat a pan and add rava.
- Stir often while roasting rava.
- Separate rave when looking dry and should become fragrant. Switch off the fan.
Now Make Upma
- In a pan, add 2 tablespoon ghee or oil. Add mustard seed and wait until cracking sound.
- Add cumin seed along with chana dal and urad dal.
- Fry until looks brown.
- After that, add cashew and begin to fry. By the time, the cashew gets golden, the dal would also get golden.
- Then, mix chopped onion and saute. Ater that, chopped green chili, ginger, curry leaves, and saute.
- Add water in this mixture, then add salt. You can also add sugar for an additional slight sweet taste.
- On a medium flame, let it come to a rolling boiling.
Now, Add Rava
- When the water comes to a rolling boiling, low the flame and add rava.
- After adding rava, still in continuity and mix well
- The rava absorbs the water and thus swell and get cooked.
- Cover and wait for the rava upma to steam for 2 minutes on the low flame.
- At last, add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
Serve Upma with coconut chutney or lime pickle.